Join the Weasleys
and The Weasley Pantry
for the Harry Potter Marathon Menu
Keep it real...
HARRY POTTER MARATHON MENU
Inspiration From the Weasley Kitchen
Charm Your Own Cheese
Enchantment in Baking
One Minute Feasts – It’s Magic!
Excellent Any Time of Day
Fresh baked whole grain bread, sliced
Crispy bacon strips
Slice of cheddar cheese
Small sliced tomato
Leaves of Romaine lettuce, washed - pat dry
Assemble sandwich: butter two slices of fresh baked bread, or butter one slice and
spread mayonnaise on other slice. Add all other ingredients, one at a time, and cut
with sharp knife. Hold both parts of the sandwich together with toothpicks in each
Sweet or dill pickle.
Paddington Station Burger
After shopping for first year gear at the Diagon Alley shops, Harry and Hagrid popped into the Paddington Station cafeteria for a bite before it was time for Harry’s train was to leave. Harry was somewhat disoriented because everything looked so strange to him.
Harry and Hagrid sat down for a burger and talked about the day up to that time.Ingredients
“You all right, Harry? Yer very quiet,” said Hagrid.
Harry wasn’t sure he could explain. He’d just had the best birthday of his life—and yet—he chewed his hamburger, trying to find the words. “Everyone thinks I’m special,” he said at last. “All those people in the Leaky Cauldron, Professor Quirrel, Mr. Ollivander… but I don’t know anything about magic at all. How can they expect great things? I’m famous and I can’t even remember what I’m famous for. I don’t know what happened when Vol-, sorry—I mean, the ight my parents died.”
Hagrid leaned across the table. Behind the wild beard and eye-brows he wore a very kind smile. "Don’t you worry, Harry. You’ll learn fast enough. Everyone starts at the beginning at Hogwarts, you’ll be just fine. Just be yerself. I know it’s hard. Yeh’ve been singled out, an’ that’s always hard. But yeh’ll have a great time at Hogwarts—I did—still do, ’smatter of fact."
• 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
• 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow bell pepper
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
• 2 tablespoon fresh parsley [substitute: cilantro]
• 1 teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried tarragon
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Mrs. Dash
• 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
• 1 pound ground chuck or turkey [butcher will process chuck roast if you ask]
• 1 egg, optional
• In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble ground chuck or turkey over mixture and mix well. Add 1 egg to mix and continue to combine all ingredients. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls, flatten to form patties with palm of hand, or to the desired shape.
• In a large skillet, cook patties in olive oil over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
• On warm bun, roll, or muffin, place each patty on top of lettuce and tomato. Serve with condiment tray that includes both sweet and dill pickle.
The Burrow Bandit
Large cookie cutters to cut bread into fun shapes like star, flower, and hand pictured here.
Serve the bread with a selection of favourite spreads, almond butter, cashew butter, and peanut butter with jam, jelly, and honey, or try this herb cream cheese topping:
4 oz. Cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons thickly sliced fresh mint
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of cayenne, or to taste
In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, herbs, zest, lemon juice, table salt, and cayenne. Serve in a crystal bowl with large spoons.
Double or triple recipe according to number of sticky fingers you expect to attend your Harry Potter Marathon party.
inspired by Martha Stewart
find info about
The Palm here
1 clove garlic
1 cup dry white wine
3 cups vegetable stock
8 ounces Emmentaler cheese, grated
4 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
4 ounces etivaz cheese, grated
4 ounces vacherin fribourgeois or fontina cheese, grated
1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl with a whisk and set aside.
Rub a stainless steel pot with the garlic, then drop the clove in. Add the white wine and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
Add the cheeses at once to the simmering wine.
While stirring, melt the cheese and bring to a light simmer.
Little by little, add a bit of the cornstarch slurry to the cheese until the desired consistency is achieved.
Add the nutmeg, simmer the fondue for 8 minutes and serve over a low flame to keep it warm and melted.
Serve with baguettes cut into cubes, an assortment of air dried beef and pork, cornichons and steamed potatoes.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
source: Food Republic
Greater Good Twist
3/4 C Wheat & honey flour, sifted
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
4 Carrots, fine grated
2 tbs Cordial - Grand Marnier
1 tbs Orange and lemon zest, grated
1 tbs Lemon juice
4 tbs Butter
1/2 C Sugar, dark brown
1/2 C Honey, Tupalo, clover or sage
1/3 C Golden raisins
6 Eggs (or baking substitute instead of eggs)
Magic spice [pantry staples: ground walnut, cinnamon, nutmeg, and super fine sugar]
In large bowl, sift flour. Add the salt and cinnamon, and mix well. In a separate bowl put the grated carrots and cordial. Add zest and juice. Cover.
Cream butter, brown sugar and honey. Add raisins.
Separate eggs, add yolks to cream mixture and blend. Store whites.
Add cream to carrot batter. Add carrots to batter and blend again. Batter should be thick. Let set.
Beat the egg whites until peaks form and set aside. Slowly add the batter into the egg whites. Pour into greased pan or tins till half filled. Place on rack and bake in oven at 325 degrees. Test after 45-50 minutes, toothpick should come out clean when ready.
Remove from oven and cool on rack. Dust with magic spice. Serve with favorite cheese and butter beer or other beverage.
SPRING and SUMMER
S m o o t h i e s
HEAVENLY POWER PUNCH
· 1/2 cup French Vanilla ice cream
· 1-1/2 cups pear nectar
· 1/2 cup frozen diced pineapple
· 1/2 banana, sliced and frozen
· 1 teaspoon coconut juice
Combine the ice cream and pear nectar in a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
1 1/2 lb piece ripe honeydew, seeded, rind discarded, and
flesh cut into 1/2" pieces [3 cups]
1 8 oz. cucumber, peeled and chopped [1 cup]
1 cup lemon yoghurt
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
Freeze honeydew in 1 layer in a large, sealed, plastic bag, until frozen - about 4 hours.
Blend honeydew with cucumber, yoghurt, mint, and sugar [to taste] in a blender until smooth. Thin with water, if necessary. serves 4
Piña Colada Smoothie
Pineapple and coconut milk are traditional partners in piña colada, so why not combine them in something that’s really good for you while you prepare treats for the Harry Potter lunchtime movie break?
1/4 cup freshly squeezed blood-orange juice
1/2 cup light coconut milk
1 1/4 cups chopped pineapple (about 180 grams)
small piece of ginger, peeled
2 or 3 ice cubes
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 full minute. Pour into a glass, garnish with an orange slice and enjoy.
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
[Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor]
1 lb strawberries, (about 1 qt.), trimmed and halved
1 ripe banana, cut into pieces
1 cup ice cubes
1/2 cup silken tofu
1/2 cup orange juice
2 Tablespoons sugar
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Optional: 1/2 tsp rum or tripple sec
Top with whipped cream and a whole strawberry
You can vary the aromatics in the sugar syrup to give the pineapple a different flavour every time. Try using spices such as star anise and cinnamon sticks, slices of orange, tangerine, lemon, lemongrass, ginger, and other herbs like basil, mint and thyme.
300g caster sugar
500ml water Serves 4
1-2 limes, thinly sliced
1 large red chilli, thinly sliced and deseeded
2 sprigs of rosemary, snapped into small pieces
1 small ripe pineapple
Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
1. Begin by making a sugar syrup. Put the sugar in a medium heavy-based saucepan and pour in the water. Place over a low heat and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Increase the heat and boil the sugar syrup for 5 minutes. Add the lime slices, chilli and rosemary, return to the boil and let bubble for another 5 minutes until reduced slightly.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the pineapple. Cut off the top and base from the pineapple, then stand it upright on a board. With a serrated knife, slice away the skin and prise out any "eyes" left in the fruit. Turn the pineapple on to its side and cut into 6 even wedges.
3. Heat a griddle pan until you can feel a good heat rising Put the pineapple wedges in the pan, pressing them gently on to the grooves. After about 2 minutes, turn each wedge 45 degrees and continue to grill for another couple of min-utes to create a criss-cross chargrilled pattern on the pine-apple. Turn the wedges over and repeat on the other side.
4. Remove the pineapple wedges from the griddle and put in a wide dish. Pour the sugar syrup over the pineapple with all the aromatics. Leave to cool, then cover and chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, to allow the flavours to infuse. Serve the wedges with vanilla ice-cream, drizzled with the infused syrup.
click pumpkin go 12 Grimmauld Place for dinner menu
Gourmet Pumpkin Seeds
• 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
• 2 teaspoons melted butter or oil (olive oil or vegetable oil work well)
• sea salt to taste
• Optional Seasoning To Taste:
• sea salt and white pepper, or salt free, such as Mrs. Dash
• Cajun seasoning blend
• grated hard cheese such as Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 300º F. While it's O.K. to leave some strings and pulp on your seeds (it adds flavor), clean off any major chunks.
2. Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the melted butter or oil and seasonings of your choice. Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet. (or spray with cooking spray).
3. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
Some Flavor Combination for Gourmet Roasted Pumpkin Seed Snacks
a. Italian Style Pumpkin Seeds -- Italian Seasoning Blend, Parmesan Cheese, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
b. Pumpkin Pie Pumpkin Seeds -- Cinnamon, Ground Ginger and Pinch of Nutmeg, Butter
c. Greek Syle -- Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend, Oregano, Salt, Olive Oil
d. Buffalo Wings Pumpkin Seeds -- Butter, Tabasco Sauce, Salt
Harry Potter the Prisoner of Azkaban: Harry, Hermione, and the time turner youtube 8:56
2/3 C heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. brandy
1 tsp. Grand Marnier
1/4 C sugar
1 C light cream
Combine heavy cream, vanilla, brandy and Grand Marnier in chilled bowl and beat with electric
mixer on medium speed 1 minute. Add sugar and light cream. Continue to beat on medium just
until soft peaks form, about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
Yield: 2 cups dessert topping.
Ginger Scented Pecans
Makes 5 cups
Sweet and spicy, these ginger-infused pecans are an excellent hostess gift as well as a special afternoon treat.
Slip them inside cellophane floral bags, and seal the bags with linen twine. Toasting the nuts not only crisps them; it also releases their essential oils, bringing out their fullest flavor. Use only the freshest nuts you can find, and discard all broken pieces.
5 cups pecan halves
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons canola oil
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Place nuts in a single layer on two rimmed baking sheets. Toast until nuts are fragrant, 10 to 15 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through cooking. Meanwhile, combine sugar, salt, and ginger in a small bowl, and set aside.
2. Combine honey, 2 tablespoons water, and oil in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, and add roasted pecans. Cook, stirring once or twice, until all of the liquid has evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl, add sugar mixture, and toss until well combined. Spread nuts in a single layer on a sheet of parchment paper to cool. These pecans may be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
PRALINES - from an old Prewett Family Recipe
Molly Weasley is a member of the Prewett family and a pure-blood witch married to Arthur Weasley. She is the matriarch of the Weasley family and has gradually acquired the culinary archives of both families. Afternoon favourites include traditional Prewett Pralines.
1 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. milk
6 tbsp butter (MUST be butter!)
1 1/2 c. pecans
1 tsp vanilla
Mix all in a large heavy bottom pot. Slowly bring to 238-240'F (soft ball), stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir until it thickens a bit and becomes creamy. Drop on parchment paper in spoonfuls. You need to work *very* quickly!
Let cool! They'll still be there when they are cool!
Hagrid's Gingerbread Cottage
Hagrid's Hut - Harry Potter Lexicon
Molly's Pumpkin Pickle
4 pounds pumpkin, pared
and cut into cubes
1 tsp whole cloves
1 tbs broken stick cinnamon
1 quart vinegar
8 cups sugar
Cut pumpkin into 1-inch cubes and place in small cauldron. Tie spices in cheesecloth, add to mixture of vinegar & sugar. Bring to a boil, boil 5 min; pour over pumpkin.
Cook pumpkin in syrup until it can be pierced with a straw. Pour into hot, sterilized jars and seal. Process in hot water bath 10 minutes.
BACK Hogwarts Feast
Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place -
Molly Weasley Cooks Shrmx at Twelve Grimmauld Place
Holiday Recipes for Harry Potter Marathon
Quidditch World Cup Weasley Treat - Ton Tongue Toffee
JKR Facts About The Weasley Family
Harry Potter's Wizarding World - Universal Orlando
source The Leaky Cauldron
Fast, Easy, Fresh
10 Forward Trek galley, Bat Cave,
Colour Us Inn, Indiana Jones Menu, Innholders' Company, It's All In The Sauce, Jupiter Table
magic spice, Mercury Table, Oracle's Lab,
Starshine Inn -Star Wars, Tangerine, vittles, Western Inn, Zeppelin Diner
Top | Abramelin | Alchemy | Ancient Oracle | Articles | Artists ~ Rock & Roll | Astrology | Astroscape | Aura | Babylon 5 | Beat | beatles | Bus | Candles | Colour Waves | Constantine | Deva | Divination | Dowser | Early Heraldry | FAQ | Gladiator-Champion-Fighter | Haight-Ashbury | Heartwarmer * Bread & Roses | Hip | Hobbit Dowser - Nyll Greenwood | Hogwarts | House System * Sacred Tarot | Internal Spectrum | Lab | Mandala | Mask-Who Was That Masked Man? | Masked World | Matrix | Meditation Index | Middle-earth Inn | Mirror | Mountain | Mystique | Neutrals | Number 1-9 | 11-22-33 | Palm | Parapsychology |
Phoenix | Quiz | Sacred Place | Shrine | Site |
Sixth Sense |
Son of Spooky | Space | Star Chart (by Zodiac) Listing | Star Trek | Star Wars | Still Zone |
Stonehenge | Tao | Transcription breaks | Transform | Tutoring | Unicorn | Unknown Museum |
Unnumbered Tarot | Us | US Time
| Valentine | Vote Star Charts | Wall | Wands | Whale | Wizard | Your Elf | Zone
Thank you for visiting ~ https://thediviningnation.tripod.com/hp/spice.html
This Dowser Page is maintained by webmistress Gléwen Greycloak